02 Oct Tips for Water Conservation Inside the Home
Posted at 20:56h in Blog
- Upgrade your dishwasher; the average dishwasher uses 9.3 gallons a load, but that high-efficiency models use only 5 to 7 gallons a load.
- Run your dishwasher only when full.
- Pre-rinse dishwasher loads in a bowl instead of under a tap; this will save you 2.5 gallons a minute.
- Replace standard faucet aerators with low-flow models; this will save you more than 1,700 gallons a year.
- Replace an older toilet with a new, ultra-low flush brand; this will save you up to 350 gallons a week.
- Replace regular showerheads with low-flow fixtures; this will save you up to 230 gallons a week. Shorter showers can save 2.5 gallons a minute.
- Turn off water when brushing your teeth; this will save you 2 gallons a minute.
- Switch to a high-efficiency washing machine; this will save you up to 30 gallons a load.
- Wash only full loads of clothes.
- Use gray-water. These systems redirect laundry and shower water to yards and gardens, conserving 30,000 to 40,000 gallons of water per year.